cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Visit the PTCooler (the community lounge) to get to know your fellow community members and check out some of Dale's Friday Humor posts! X

How to hide attributes from Search Criteria and Table Views?

ShreyaPatil
1-Newbie

I am using Windchill PDMLink Release 12.0 and Datecode with CPS 12.0.2.10

4 REPLIES 4

Table views should be the easy one, create a custom table view. For search criteria, probably will be some customization unless you want to hide the attributes anywhere in the system for a specific group of people...

If that is the case, you can use a profile and select which attributes you want to hide for those people....

jbailey_0-1682510523138.png

If the need is the ability to define technical or internal attributes not exposed nor usable by End Users,   it could be a nice idea for PTC to have this option also in the Type Manager .

Some other PLM platform allow to define this in their low-code data model  module

If it is a group of end users with a specific set of attributes across the entire system, I would use the profile method I suggested above.  I would create a group that encompasses all non-admin users and use the group in the profile

Hello ShreyaPatil,

I'm Charles from PTC Technical Support in Europe: Was the information provided helpful somehow? Or may I suggest you open a new case for this question?

KR,

Charles.

Top Tags