cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

How to listen to event on action only

syalagudri
12-Amethyst

How to listen to event on action only

I am using Windchill PDMLink Release 12.0 and Datecode with CPS 12.0.0.2

I want to listen on an WTPart action for "Actions-> Edit Common attributes". I am able to listen to event "PersistenceManagerEvent.UPDATE" and object type WTPartMaster. But i am facing the issue that this event triggers on every CAD check-in.
I am not able to differentiate the event on action and check-in. Is there any way to difference the event ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Thanks,

Was able to achieve from the workaround of find the modified date of the object.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

@syalagudri 

To be sure to get the right event, you could overwrite the forms processor class.

com.ptc.windchill.enterprise.part.forms.EditPartCommonAttrsFormProcessor
There you can do all the verifications or start the after processes for the selected object.
TDT
12-Amethyst
12-Amethyst
(To:syalagudri)

Hi @syalagudri ,

In the Listener class please add the condition to check whether it is a WTPartMaster object type or not.

if(obj instanceof WTPartMaster){

}

syalagudri
12-Amethyst
(To:TDT)

Added. But on check-in also i get the same object type so not able to differentiate. 

Hello syalagudri,

I'm Charles from PTC Technical Support in Europe, I will provide you assistance on this question.

Can you review kb article CS147573 and let me know how it could help?

KR,

Charles.

Thanks,

Was able to achieve from the workaround of find the modified date of the object.

Hello syalagudri,

Thanks for your feedback, and congrats to you for figuring out the solution.

Are there any details  you can share how it got resolved?

I will be grateful if you can send me this information.

KR,

Charles.

Top Tags