cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Did you get called away in the middle of writing a post? Don't worry you can find your unfinished post later in the Drafts section of your profile page. X

How to remove unwanted calculated, Old revision drawings from WT Parts?

Sagar_Thesiya
4-Participant

How to remove unwanted calculated, Old revision drawings from WT Parts?

Detail drawing was added with another drawing number in previous version. After that drawing is been broke out and created separate drawings with its own number. 

Now, when I associate CAD part, previous version of another drawing appears as calculated. 

I don't know how to remove this.

As shown in image drawing 91 is unwanted. Current revision of 91 is "E" that don't include detail of 94. But Previous version of 91 (i.e. A) appears as calculated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Unfortunately there is no such option. I still belief that this is an error in calculation. I struggled with PTC support a few weeks ago and lost it. This is not accepted as a bug. The only way to remove the drawing from the WTPart is, to checkout the "RELEASED" drawing, remove the CAD Model and checkin the  drawing without the model. This makes no sense, but is the only solution which works.

View solution in original post

8 REPLIES 8

Unfortunately there is no such option. I still belief that this is an error in calculation. I struggled with PTC support a few weeks ago and lost it. This is not accepted as a bug. The only way to remove the drawing from the WTPart is, to checkout the "RELEASED" drawing, remove the CAD Model and checkin the  drawing without the model. This makes no sense, but is the only solution which works.

Hi @BjoernRueegg 

Have you try to revise the CAD Model with WTPart without drawing? it should correct the relations.

PetrH

Do you mean to say, associate only CAD model with WT Part, not drawing?

Yes.

PetrH

When I associate only CAD Part, Drawing appears as calculated by default.

The problem is, 91 drawing (version A) had a detail of item 94.

Then after 91 was revised to B and broke out the detail of 94 in separate drawing. 

So technically drawing of 91 should not appear as calculated drawing of 94. because now 94 has a separate drawing and removed from 91.

But when I associate the cad of 94 with WT Part, old version of 91 (i.e. A) also appears with the WT part of 94. As because of it is old revision, I can not modify 91 (revision A).

Remove the 3D model from the drawing revision A. 

that the latest iteration does not point to the model.

PetrH

No it won't disappear even if you revise the CAD Model without drawing. I had the use case that we no longer needed the drawing. There is no way to disconnect the drawing without modifying the "Released" old drawing and remove the CAD-Model. 

@BjoernRueegg 

I've said that to do so 😄 modify the old drawing.  

PetrH

Top Tags