cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Learn all about the Community Ranking System, a fun gamification element of the PTC Community. X

Need to change Library's Creator

Ben_A
8-Gravel

Need to change Library's Creator

Windchill 12.0.2.12, pdmlink 12.0.2.7

I have a requirement to update the creator name of a bunch of libraries in Windchill. The person that created the libraries is no longer with the company and automated emails/Library Details clearly show their name as a potential point of contact. Our users are confused by this and wonder why they never get responses to their emails (i.e. creator != librarian).

Ideally, I want to change the name of the creator to a Windchill Admin Group participant, but just another current employee on that team will suffice - assuming we can change it again later.

Of course, I can't simply edit that attribute, even after adding it to the layout. So, I'm guessing some code will be needed. Any advise is greatly appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
avillanueva
22-Sapphire I
(To:Ben_A)

If its not something in the UI, you might have to resort to a database edit. The creator for the Library is stored in the WTLibrary Table. Modeled Object info shows this as the ida3b3containerinfo column.

avillanueva_0-1704371103358.png

You need to get the ida2a2 value of the user you want to change it to and copy that number for that library's row. I also think it has to be a real user account, not a group.

avillanueva_1-1704371167381.png

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6
HelesicPetr
21-Topaz II

Hi @Ben_A 

Use a delegate calendar and delegate all work to an another user

HelesicPetr_0-1704351965480.png

Emails could go to delegated person. 

Also if the user is not part of the company you should follow recommended process to disable that user.

For example change users email, name for example add a disabled prefix to a name. fullname atc....

How to deactivate/disable inactive users - CS136420

PetrH 

avillanueva
22-Sapphire I

If its not something in the UI, you might have to resort to a database edit. The creator for the Library is stored in the WTLibrary Table. Modeled Object info shows this as the ida3b3containerinfo column.

avillanueva_0-1704371103358.png

You need to get the ida2a2 value of the user you want to change it to and copy that number for that library's row. I also think it has to be a real user account, not a group.

avillanueva_1-1704371167381.png

Hello @avillanueva 

I like your approach best. It addresses the requirement I've been given.

First question, how did you get to the Column Descriptors (like the image shown). That could be a very useful tool.

As for changing the database, can that be done from something like Windchill Shell? Or, would I need direct access and permission in Oracle/SQL?

avillanueva
22-Sapphire I

https://<your  server name here>/Windchill/app/#ptc1/carambola/tools/list

then go to Modeled Objects.

You would need direct access to the DB. I was using SQL Developer to browse the tables and you can make edits. Careful careful careful with DB edits. 

Fadel
22-Sapphire I

Not Part OOTB , you can give a try and change it using SQL after taking a backup of given table  , the IDA3B2CONTAINERINFO column ,stores the ida2a2 of the product/library creator .

Fede
Top Tags