cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Pro/I end of life

MW_10697368
2-Guest

Pro/I end of life

We have been told that our access to Pro/I ends this year and is no longer supported. How do I export all our legacy data out of Pro/I so that we can still have access to the data in the future. We have two DB to Save. Thanks for you help with this issue.   

7 REPLIES 7
BenLoosli
23-Emerald II
(To:MW_10697368)

What version of Pro/I do you have?

PTC should have a utility to convert Pro/I 8,0 and higher to PDMLink as both are based on Windchill.

Ajit_Kulkarni
14-Alexandrite
(To:BenLoosli)

You can export all CAD data using CAD tool if you are planning to get rid of pro intra link.

If you are planning to convert to Windchill PLM, the article https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS28170  , https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS74951 will help you. 

If you convert to Windchill , I would suggest to upgrade your Windchill to current version. 

Thanks. Our Pro/I is just for legacy data, and I haven’t used it in years. Is there a bulletin or procedure for exporting all the data out of Pro/I?

Thanks for the trip down memory lane. Anyone still have Pro/PDM out there? Just curious, you mentioned this was a legacy system. What is your main PLM system and how do you like it?

We use Autodesk Inventor and Vault. Vault is fine. One upside is we can just upgrade the Vault and not pay a consultant tons of money for a mandatory Pro/I upgrade every few years

dnordin
15-Moonstone
(To:MW_10697368)

With respect to exporting the data out of Pro/Intralink, your company needs to decide what data is of value to export. Questions like are they only going to export data that was "released" and/or some other "controlled" life cycle state, does the company have any contractual obligation to keep certain data, etc. need to be answered first before deciding on how best to export the data.

AutoDESK does offer an add-in for Creo to store data in Vault Professional. You could always pay for someone to come in and migrate the data directly from one system into the other.

When I've done an export in the past, only the latest version was required without regard to the life cycle state. Drawing PDF's were the managed data in PLM, not the associated CAD files, so we could always order parts via drawing. I did the export manually after having the search results limitations increased to ensure capturing all the results. Data was exported per product & library. Search for all drawings in the one product, add to WS with NO dependents, search for all assemblies, add to WS with NO dependents, search for all parts, add to WS with NO dependents. For family table items, add all instances. If the family tables are "clean", you won't have any conflicts. If not, you'll need to deal with the conflicts individually. You can search for other file types that are of importance as needed (symbols, formats, tables, etc.). In the WS, create a table display that has useful columns displayed. I'd suggest creating several. Export the table list(s) to a variety of formats (.csv, .html, etc.) to give yourself a record of what data was exported. Export the data from the WS into a folder with the same name as the product/library. You can put a copy of the exported table displays in the folder as well. Repeat for all products and libraries. You should now have a copy of every .drw, .asm, .prt, etc. file on your HD with a listing showing what was exported.

Regards,

Dan N.

Thanks for the advice and direction
Top Tags