cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - You can change your system assigned username to something more personal in your community settings. X

Rearrange WT parts within the structure

KP_10374575
3-Visitor

Rearrange WT parts within the structure

Hello All, 

How change the order of  WT child parts within the WT assembly?

Regards, 

Kalpesh

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi @KP_10374575 

In a structure table you can sort within any column you need. 

Add a attribute to the table and sort it by that attribute.

PetrH 

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

I see you listed this under CAD, is this a CAD driven BOM? I think we need more information but I will take a stab in that you are looking at the Structure tab of a WTPart page. Its a table, The default for mine is ordered alphabetically by part number.  You can sort it by any column. If you choose to use find number or line number, you can sort by those values.  You will have to enter those values in.

you guessed it right. I am looking at the WT structure page, but I would like to arrange the parts in a particular order, not by part number or line number values. 

How can I arrange below structure ELEC, STAK, BAGS and so on? 

KP_10374575_0-1661237579868.png

Hmm, what are the rules you are sorting by? Since its a normal table, the user is free to sort by whatever means they want. Those sorting algorithms are typically lexicographical. That is why line number (or find number) can be used to construct a custom sort by whatever means you want. I often see my EE engineers listing electrical components on their BOMs first followed by a gap and then mechanical components using line number. 

Hi @KP_10374575 

In a structure table you can sort within any column you need. 

Add a attribute to the table and sort it by that attribute.

PetrH 

Top Tags