cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

WTPart and EPM Document in diffent Workflows

uvex_windchill
5-Regular Member

WTPart and EPM Document in diffent Workflows

Our WTParts and EPM Documents are normally in the same Workflow.

I want to change it for one Lifecyclestep. Where can i change it?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Hi,

I was thinking that you wanted to continue to use the same WF template.

Now that you dont want to constraint with that , then the most flexible approach would be to define separate LC templates, one for CAD and other for Part. I have not come across a capability where within the same LC  template its possible to define different Workflows for different types., this being not there, the only solution seems to use 2 different LC templates.

Once done that you can have seperate WFs for CAD and Part ( eventhough the before and after LC states are same).

Hope its clear now.

Cheers

Hari

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

Hi,

If your intention is to continue to use the common WF template, then in this case you need to introduce an expression robot after the set state robot  (the state where you want to fork the work flow).

In that expression robot you need to give the branching based on the Primary Business Object type.

After the two forks are made , make sure to return to the common flow again.

Hope you get the point. 

Cheers

Hari

uvex_windchill
5-Regular Member
(To:Hari_Vara)

this means i have to change the workflow?

i already have the two worksflow which i dont want to change. one should raise the WTParts and the other should raise the EPM Documents from same lifecylce state to same lifecycle state

Hi,

I was thinking that you wanted to continue to use the same WF template.

Now that you dont want to constraint with that , then the most flexible approach would be to define separate LC templates, one for CAD and other for Part. I have not come across a capability where within the same LC  template its possible to define different Workflows for different types., this being not there, the only solution seems to use 2 different LC templates.

Once done that you can have seperate WFs for CAD and Part ( eventhough the before and after LC states are same).

Hope its clear now.

Cheers

Hari

Top Tags