cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Stay updated on what is happening on the PTC Community by subscribing to PTC Community Announcements. X

WTpart Purchased Vs InHouse manufacting, How to identify in existing WT part and What needs to be set for Purchased Part

sganesan
1-Newbie

WTpart Purchased Vs InHouse manufacting, How to identify in existing WT part and What needs to be set for Purchased Part

Hi,

In Windchill, How to identify a part is Purchased or In house manufactured?. What are parameters need to set to make a part as purchased part?.

Thanks,

Shan

3 REPLIES 3
RandyJones
19-Tanzanite
(To:sganesan)

Shanmugasundaram Ganesan wrote:

Hi,

In Windchill, How to identify a part is Purchased or In house manufactured?. What are parameters need to set to make a part as purchased part?.

What about the Source parameter? OOTB it has "Make", Buy", or "Buy - Single Source":

source.png

MikeLockwood
22-Sapphire I
(To:sganesan)

What does your business do differently if you indicate Purchased vs. Make?  All the time we run into starting one way, then having some of the other (e.g. make a certain assembly in-house, then start buying it assembled but not all, then eventually purchase all assembled).  Hopefully can set up Part attributes / other info in such a way that it's flexible.  Have to focus on what the business needs from the Windchill info.

I learned later that my organisation put a rule that if the Part Type is Commercial Part then it is a purchased part. Thanks Randy & Mike for your valuable insights. Thanks, Shanmugam

Top Tags