cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Want the oppurtunity to discuss enhancements to PTC products? Join a working group! X

how to remove AD integration with Windchill

rkayasth
6-Contributor

how to remove AD integration with Windchill

Experts,

Can anyone help me with a problem, where I need to disconnect the corporate ldap from existing Windchill instance. This is since our corporate ldap is getting changed and hence we want to disconnect for now.

What are the steps to do that?

I have followed the reverse of the steps done during the AD integration as follows:

I have deleted the entries from the

1. \ptc\Windchill10.1\tasks\wt\federation\mapcredentials.xml

2. wt.properties file

3. Apache Windchill.auth file

any further steps I am missing.

FYI, I am executing the above steps during the rehosting of the production server on a new machine.

4 REPLIES 4

Removing the corporate JNDI adapter from wt.properties (wt.federation.org.directoryservices)  and app-Windchill-Auth.conf should disable the active directory. This will mark the users who were connected through AD as disconnected though.

Thank you,

Binesh Kumar

rkayasth
6-Contributor
(To:BineshKumar1)

Hello Binesh,

Thanks.

I have already done that. removed the entries from wt.properties,app-Windchill-Auth.conf and mapcredentials.xml files. but it throws the following error, as attached.

it still though points to some entry.

TomU
23-Emerald IV
(To:rkayasth)

Take a look inside Windchill DS.  (Use the control panel to log in, then "Manage Entries".)  I'm guessing this adapter is still defined in there.

There is an error in the mapcredentials file. Make sure that you did not remove the entries for the Administratrive LDAP. If you have a backup of this file, just restore it and try to start Windchill again.

Thank you.

Binesh

Top Tags