cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Windchill 12 Workgroup Manager

Aaronm87
12-Amethyst

Windchill 12 Workgroup Manager

We have some schematics files that we are trying to import. We can import them into windchill using the web browser in Creo, but a normal browser does not import correctly. I've also tried using the workgroup manager, but I cannot see the *.RSD files from the workgroup manager.

Is there a way to enable the import of RSD files into the workgroup mananger workspace?

4 REPLIES 4

Articles:

avillanueva
22-Sapphire I
(To:Aaronm87)

Please read this article first: https://www.ptc.com/en/support/article/CS377575?source=search

Creo Schematics 7 used a workgroup manager to load data into Windchill. It appears that Creo Schematics 9 is not supported. If you are using a later version of Schematics or are on Windchill 13, see this site:

https://virtual-interconnect.co.uk/software/product-lifecycle-management/wncbridge/

I'm just looking for a way to upload files into windchill manually. I can do it with Creo Parametric, but I was hoping to see a configuration file where I could add to the list of available files. Similar to how you add to the list of files in Creo.

avillanueva
22-Sapphire I
(To:Aaronm87)

Its more than just a file. That is why they built a Workgroup Manager and handle then as EPMDocuments. It has a structure. To properly manage them, you need to use a supported method and that is via the 3rd party integration. For example, I manage my Cadence data as WTDocuments but had to customize a bunch of things to get the right level of integration a Workgroup Manager would do OOTB. If you load schematics as WTDocs via browser, they cannot interact in the Creo workspace since it needs to be managed as an EPMDocument.  Recommend contacting Virtual Interconnect.

Top Tags