cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need to share some code when posting a question or reply? Make sure to use the "Insert code sample" menu option. Learn more! X

Windchill ProjectLink 12.1 issues

ehowanice
11-Garnet

Windchill ProjectLink 12.1 issues

We've been using Windchill Projectlink since Windchill 9.0, currently on Windchill 12.1.  In previous versions of Windchill, never had any issues with Projectlink.  We've noticed the following issues in 12.1

-incorrect time stamps for when an activity is completed

-completion of an activity does not always trigger the following activity to start using autoexecution

-in certain cases an activity completed after the daily working hours, is showing the actual time rather the end of the day timestamp.

Our project plans are very straightforward, roughly just 10 activities in a linear order.   No objects shared to projects or deliverables.

We currently have an open case with PTC tech support which has been open for several months, so far no resolution.

Just wondering if any other Projectlink 12.1 users have seen similar issues.

3 REPLIES 3
Fadel
22-Sapphire I
(To:ehowanice)

Hello this is Fadel from TS Europe , would you share the TS call number or send it to me in a message , will review all data attached to call and hopefully solve it . 

Fede
Fadel
22-Sapphire I
(To:ehowanice)

@ehowanice my colleague handling your TS case ,will reach out to R&D to get assistance on this topic and help you solve it out  .

Fede
ehowanice
11-Garnet
(To:Fadel)

Update 4/18/2024:  A PTC Software Partner we work with and also myself recently noticed the following article on the PTC tech support website:  CS413469  This issue is very similar to what we are experiencing, however in our case

when completing an activity, a subsequent activity fails to start, regardless of the estimated project completion date.  No plans to fix on 12.1, planned fix is for Windchill 13.0 M020.

Top Tags