cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - Need help navigating or using the PTC Community? Contact the community team. X

Cross ref(?) or split connectors

ASA
6-Contributor
6-Contributor

Cross ref(?) or split connectors

As per the original post

Do you know how I can split the connector and hide all unused contacts? I have a connector with 186 pins and only using 100. I'm a former Pro/Diagram user

and it had the capability to split a connector and hide the remainder unused pins.

Thank you

4 REPLIES 4
Patriot_1776
22-Sapphire II
(To:ASA)

I'm not a "sparky" (though I've done the rare schematic and wiring harness diagram), and this has nothing to do with the OP's question, but unless they've changed things, the standard was that wires simply CROSSING each other didn't get the "hump", and that tie points HAD dots to distinguish that from simply crossing.  Now, I was always of the opinion that we should have humps AND dots, so, was the standard changed?  Just curious

ASA
6-Contributor
6-Contributor
(To:Patriot_1776)

I haven't used "humps" since I started using CAD for diagrams. Nowadays with the ability to reorder the sequence of connector pin numbers you try

to plan ahead and line up each pin across from each other to avoid cross overs. As far as the dots, I only use them to indicate a "splice" and it indicates

electrical connection. Again, like the old saying goes, "there's more than one way to skin a cat". GL

BillF
13-Aquamarine
(To:ASA)

I am assuming that you are using Creo Schematics for this.

You can split connectors by copying it then right click and use Paste Shapes.  This makes a duplicate of the connector.  The standard Paste creates a new connector that is the same as the one you copied.  This is great if you are showing them on components with the connector split to make the component easier to draw.

To hide or rearrange terminals in a connector, Right click on the connector and select Reorder Members.  
Clicking on the More button makes the hiding of terminals more obvious.  You can shift terminals between the Shown and Not Shown panes.
In the shown pane, you can move the terminal order and change the spacing between terminals.  

BillF
13-Aquamarine
(To:BillF)

I forgot that not everyone knows the distinction I made.

duplicate of the connector - this is just a second image of the connector.  has the same ID as the original and anything connected to either copy will show up on the same item in the tables.  It warns you if you have more than one copy of each port.

New connector - the connector will have the same details as the one you copied but will be an independent connector with a new ID.  Unrelated except that they use the same part.

Top Tags