cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Community Tip - New to the community? Learn how to post a question and get help from PTC and industry experts! X

Explicit - Mathcad puts too much value

DariuszB.
1-Newbie

Explicit - Mathcad puts too much value

I have problem with explicit function, because Mathcad puts too much value (see attached drawing). Can anyone help me with this?

9 REPLIES 9

For example so (add "=" sign in the formula):

D:= (A+C)*B = 12

VyaT

I did as you said, but Mathcad rewrote values instead gives me the result. Because of this in the second equation Mathcad again puts whole values.Is there another way to solve this problem. I attached a file with this problem

Actually you have to add the SYMBOLIC evaluation symbol (the "right arrow" off the symbolics palette) at the end of the expression for D, which does render as an "=".

Explicit.jpg

Preston

Here's what it looks like with default display properties:

Explicit2.jpg

Preston Baxter wrote:

Actually you have to add the SYMBOLIC evaluation symbol (the "right arrow" off the symbolics palette) at the end of the expression for D, which does render as an "=".

Here's what it looks like with default display properties:

Explicit2.jpg

My Mathcad 15 gives the same result for "=" and "→" .

To Dariusz B: Which version of your Mathcad? Problem solved?

VyaT

That will be a display issue. The first graphic I posted was the results from the example file, and notice all the symbolic evaluations and assignments used "=". The second graphic is taken from doing the same calculations in a new file with default display properties.

I have Mathcad 14 and for example from topic Mathcad puts 12 in equation (everything is OK), but when I was trying to do this on my file (kontur_kotla7_3.xmcd.zip ) Mathcad rewrote all values and for me its wrong. This file is attached above so if someone could look on it and tell me what I did wrong.

Dariusz B. wrote:

I have Mathcad 14 and for example from topic Mathcad puts 12 in equation (everything is OK), but when I was trying to do this on my file (kontur_kotla7_3.xmcd.zip ) Mathcad rewrote all values and for me its wrong. This file is attached above so if someone could look on it and tell me what I did wrong.

Try this.

VyaT

Thank you very much, exactly is what I meant.

Top Tags